Strawberry Coconut & Mango Coconut Lassi

 It's that time of year! I'm so excited for all things strawberries and I get even more excited if it involves hardly any effort but still yields delicious results.

This simple Strawberry Coconut Lassi recipe from an old issue of Bon Appétit caught my eye the other day and I knew it had to happen soon.

This was such a hit with my kids (and a neighbor friend) that I went ahead and also tried it with mango. Ummm, SO good!

Now that it feels like summer in Ohio - especially with school officially being over - fresh smoothies in any form are coming out regularly in this house (and bonus: my kids think they're ingesting a treat when it's also good for them).


STRAWBERRY-COCONUT & MANGO-COCONUT LASSI

Makes 2 servings

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/2 cups of halved hulled strawberries (same measurement if using mango)
  • 2/3 cup of ice
  • 1/2 cup buttermillk
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1 TBSP sugar
DIRECTIONS:

Puree in a blender until smooth and enjoy!



Recipe credit: Bon Appétit magazine, June, '13 issue

Comments

Popular Posts