Shishito Peppers

It doesn't get any easier than this recipe: blistering shishito peppers in a hot skillet, tossing them with olive oil, flaky sea salt and a squeeze of lemon - this makes for a delicious appetizer or snack! 


When my husband brought home some shishito peppers someone gave him at work, I knew exactly what recipe I wanted to try.  A simple shishito pepper recipe from What's Gaby Cooking was calling my name, and we all thought these were really good. Of course, I love that it just took mere minutes to make.

LEMON SHISHITO PEPPERS
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 pound shishito peppers
  • Maldon sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 lemon
Heat the veg oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high heat until smoking.  Add the peppers and cook until blistered on all sides. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the olive oil, flaky sea salt and lemon juice.  Serve immediately!

Comments

Popular Posts